Terms & Conditions
1. We offer for sale to you various products and/or services on behalf of our principals such as airlines, other transport operators, hotel and other accommodation providers, tour operators and other principal suppliers. These are referred to throughout as ‘the Principals’.
Our services consist of arranging and co-coordinating the services offered by the Principals. Binge on Travel Ltd brings about a direct contractual relationship between you, the customer, and each Principal. Subject to these booking conditions Binge on Travel Ltd will perform our services with reasonable care and skill.
Binge on Travel Ltd does not guarantee the performance of the services offered by the Principals and we will not be liable in the event that you suffer loss, injury or disappointment by reason of any acts or failings of any Principal. In such case your remedy will lie against the Principal.
You should be aware that the brochures (including e-brochures) which we supply to you are the brochures of the Principals and that the statements and representations contained in such brochures are not ours but are made by the Principals. We accept no liability for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations contained in such brochures.
2. We recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy at the time you pay for your travel. You should ensure that such insurance will protect you against medical expenses arising from sickness or injury during your travel and protect you against loss or damage to your belongings. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade also strongly recommend you take out travel insurance.
N.B. Please note that some credit card providers will provide the card holder with travel insurance. Where you are paying for all or any part of the services arranged through us by credit card and you intend to use travel insurance provided by the credit card provider you acknowledge that Binge on Travel Ltd has offered you travel insurance and that you waive any claim against Binge on Travel Ltd in respect of any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of you failing to take out any or adequate travel insurance.
3. Cancellation fees are likely to be incurred on all confirmed reservations or bookings. Further, some tickets may be non-refundable or non-transferable. It is important to check the position with us before you confirm arrangements and/or before you cancel any confirmed reservations.
Please read the specific conditions detailed in the Principal’s brochures and flyers in relation to your travel arrangements.
Changes to Reservations
4. If you wish to change a confirmed reservation you are likely to incur fees. In some cases it may not be possible to change reservations or to cancel the reservation or it may be uneconomic for you to do so. You should always check the cost before requesting changes in reservations.
Please read the specific conditions detailed by the Principal’s in relation to your travel arrangements.
5. Airfares and tour prices may change (almost invariably by being increased) without prior notice and even though your arrangements have been confirmed. Such price increases are beyond our control and you will be liable to pay for any such increases.
Many airlines now impose surcharges on the price of air travel. These surcharges may change between the time you make a reservation and the date of full payment.
6. If payment has not been made by the specific date which Binge on Travel Ltd has advised you, your bookings may be cancelled. Payments may be made by direct deposit, cheque or cash. If you wish to pay by credit card it is necessary to check with us first as some airfares and package holidays cannot be paid for by credit card. In certain circumstances your credit card will be charged by the Principal. In these instances you authorise Binge on Travel Ltd to pass on your credit card details to the Principal. Credit Card payments may incur surcharges. Binge on Travel Ltd will add an additional surcharge to payments made by credit card. Please check with us for current charges. When your credit card is processed by Binge on Travel Ltd you agree to not have your payment ‘charged back’ or reversed by your credit card provider where the services have been provided.
Direct Deposits can be made to the Binge on Travel Ltd ’ bank account: ANZ BSB: 01 0797 Account: 0950168 00.
Under no circumstances should payments be made to any other bank account.
Binge on Travel Ltd will not be liable for any loss caused by a failure of a tour manager or tour wholesaler to make payments to Binge on Travel Ltd for reservations for airfares and services made on behalf of a tour group or any individual traveler.
7. If you cancel your travel arrangements after paying for the same no refund will be available to you until after we receive the monies from the Principal involved. In most cases fees will be payable for cancellations and in some instances you may not be able to claim a refund.
Binge on Travel Ltd Amendment and Cancellation Fees
We like to be up front and open about all fees and charges so there are no unexpected expenses for you . Amendment fees will not be charged in addition to supplier amendment fees If you wish to amend or cancel all or part of your travel arrangements after you have paid a deposit, a Binge on Travel Ltd amendment fee will be charged as detailed below .
Binge on Travel Ltd amendment fees (in addition to any amendment fees levied by our suppliers):
Airline Tickets (per amendment):
Prior to tickets being issued: from $75
After tickets have been issued: from $150
Land Arrangements (per amendment):
Prior to documents being issued: from $25
After documents have been issued: from $50
Binge on Travel Ltd Cancellation Fee (in addition to any cancellation fees levied by our suppliers):
A minimum of 10% of the total cost of your booking in addition to your non-refundable deposit.
Passport and Visa Requirements
8. Prior to confirming your travel arrangements, you should check your passport and establish that it will remain current for the entire period of your travel. Certain countries require that your passport remains valid for a period of up to twelve months after the date upon which you are scheduled to leave such country. You may be denied entry to a country if your passport expires within 12 months. You should clarify visa requirements with the Embassies of the countries that you plan to visit as certain countries may require you to take out a visa dependent on whether you are travelling on an New Zealand or a foreign passport.
The authorities in some countries (including The USA) require holders of New Zealand passports to take out a visa for entry into their country where the traveller has been sentenced or imprisoned or been convicted of certain types of criminal offence. A visa may be required where a contagious disease or a serious health problem exists. It is the responsibility of each member of the travelling party to ensure that they have a valid passport and the necessary visa/s for the destinations to be visited.
Re-entry Visas for New Zealand
9. Re-entry visas will/may be required for travellers leaving New Zealand holding a foreign passport. If you hold a foreign passport then it is your responsibility to make your own enquiries and satisfy yourself as to the position in regard to your passport and/or visa requirements before leaving New Zealand.
10. Certain countries require that travellers be vaccinated against specific infection and/or diseases. Binge on Travel Ltd strongly recommends that you check with your doctor and the Embassies of countries to which you are travelling to with respect to any health requirements.
Checking Travel Arrangements
11. We have exercised care in putting together the arrangements requested by you in regards to your travel and accommodation. It is important that you check all of the documentation handed to you in relation to your proposed travel and accommodation to ensure that it fully meets with your requirements and to ensure that there have been no misunderstandings. All documents, in relation to international travel, must be issued in the name of the passport holder. You may be denied carriage if the name varies.
11.1 We strongly recommend that you contact your airline prior to any travel to ensure that the scheduled departure time has not changed.
11.2 We strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with current travel advisories/information from www.safetravel.govt.nz before you travel.
11.3 Payment of any excess baggage charges is the Travellers sole responsibility.
11.4 Carry-on baggage is subject to security rules on the carriage of various items. It is your responsibility to check with the relevant authorities.
12. Force Majeure means the occurrence of an event that is beyond Binge on Travel Ltd’s reasonable control and which could not have been reasonably prevented by Binge on Travel Ltd, which includes, but is not limited to: (a) war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the threat of any such acts; (b) natural disaster (including but not limited to flooding, fire, earthquake, landslide), adverse weather conditions, high or low water levels; (c) nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental pollution or contamination; or (d) change in law, meaning, enactment, amendment (including repeal) in the law or administration of any law in New Zealand or any jurisdiction or territory relevant to the booking contract, which includes changes in statute, regulation, determination, by-law, declaration, licence and the common law as applicable from time to time.
In such situations any refunds requested will be less irrecoverable third party costs and fixed overhead charges.
13. Binge on Travel Ltd endeavours to deliver exceptional quality professional travel services. We are committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of customers and to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible. Customer feedback is welcomed as it helps us improve our service delivery to you. Full details of our Complaints Handling Policy can be found here.